E-Cyptor.com is a resource for businesses in and Around Aylesbury In Buckinghamshire. The main aim of this site is to provide information on the best companies and service to be found in Aylesbury and the surrounding areas of Buckingham and Oxfordshire.
In order to appear on this page you must be nominated by your customers with a minimum of five endorsements from real customers who have actually experienced you service and can be telephone verified by our team. This strict validation process means we do not have many businesses currently listed on this site but the ones we do we can guarantee the quality of.
Awarded Aylesbury Businesses
One of the first services to be included in the E-cryptor Aylesbury Site in Taxi Aylesbury.
The Aylesbury Taxi Service seems to have been nominated by countless of its customers as a taxi service that goes out of its way to provide an excellent taxi service. Helping disabled customers, always be on time, and courteous and providing both local journeys in and around Aylesbury and the surround areas in addition to executive cars and airport runs to all the London airports. Aylesbury Taxis seems to have been nominated more than any other taxi service in the region for inclusion on this sites
Betting Facilities Around Aylesbury
Aylesbury and the surrounding areas has some keen interests in horse racing and betting and a couple of horse racing sites that offer some great free betting offers include, sites the allow you to get a no deposit free bets.
Another site that we have awarded our top level of award to is a horse racing site that concentrates on the Grand National, although the Grand National only happens once a year I think we all would like to get a Free Grand National Bet, after all the Grand National is a complex horse race usually with up to 40 runners. This site gets our top award as it not only provides a great means of getting a free bet in the Grand National but it also provides great analysis of the race itself.
One resource we found very useful recently was the services of a company that helped us challenge a will. Strictly this is a national company that specializes in contesting wills, disputing wills and contentious probate matter, but we had to mention them as they help a dear friend.
The will in questions was the will of a dear friend who had not updated their will after their circumstances changed and unfortunately they passed away.
They had made promises to a new partner but never got to update their will. This company helped in all aspects of contesting the will in the uk, taking a step by step process to firstly stop the will from being executed and then to lodge and successfully win the dispute.
If it had not been for this company successfully contesting the will our friend would have been left homeless which certainly would not have been what the deceased had wanted. Sometimes sense just has to prevail.
Aylesbury was originally a Saxon settlement called Aegel’s burgh.
The word burgh is a an old saxon word meaning fortified settlement. During Saxon times Aylesbury could only be considered as a village having a population of a few hundred people.
The large village community in and around Aylesbury made their living predominately from farming.made their living from farming rather than from industry.
In medieval times Aylesbury started to emerge as an administrative centre, this was largely as it had its weekly market which meant it became a focal point for the surrounding villages.
During the 13th Centre the town further established itself as a central point for Buckinghamshire via the means of its twice yearly medieval fairs, these drew people from all overt he county and surround counties.t an Aylesbury fair.
In the late 14th century Franciscan friars arrived in Aylesbury. Friars were like monks but instead of withdrawing from the world they went out to preach. Franciscans were called grey friars because of the colour of their costumes. In the Middle Ages there was also a leper hospital just outside Aylesbury dedicated to St Leonard. There was also a hospital for the poor and sick dedicated to St John.
This link with the friars is still maintained today with the likes of friars court shopping centre.
In the 1530′s Henry 8th closed the friary and turned it into a private residence.
Aylesbury was declared the new county town of Buckinghamshire in 1529 by Henry VIII.
The town played a large part in the English Civil War when it became a stronghold for the Parliamentarian forces, like many market towns a nursing-ground of Puritan sentiment and in 1642 the Battle of Aylesbury was fought and won by the Parliamentarians. Its proximity to Great Hampden, home of John Hampden has made of Hampden a local hero: his silhouette is on the emblem used by Aylesbury Vale District Council and his statue stands prominently in the town centre. Aylesbury-born composer, Rutland Boughton (1878–1960), possibly inspired by the statue of John Hampden, created a symphony based on Oliver Cromwell.
In the 17th and 18th centuries there was a lace making industry in Aylesbury. But it was the only significant industry in the town. There were some craftsmen such as carpenters, butchers, bakes and blacksmiths serving the local community but that is all. For centuries Aylesbury continued as a large village rather than a town with many of its inhabitants farming the surrounding land. Some were craftsmen.
In the 18th century Aylesbury became famous for the local breed of duck. Duck rearing became a major industry in Aylesbury in the 19th century. The ducks were bred on farms in the surrounding countryside. Fertilised eggs were brought into the town’s “Duck End”, where local residents would rear the ducklings in their homes. The opening of a railway to Aylesbury in 1839 enabled cheap and quick transport to the markets of London, and duck rearing became highly profitable. By the 1860s the duck rearing industry began to move out of Aylesbury into the surrounding towns and villages, and the industry in Aylesbury itself began to decline.
Aylesbury’s population grew significantly larger n the 19th century. In 1801 the population was recorded as 3,186 the growth continued at a paceand by 1831 the population had reached 4,907. By modern standards this is small but was significant for these times.
The canal was dug in 1814 and transport routes were further improved in 1839 when Aylesbury was connected to the London to Birmingham railway. In 1863 it was connected by rail to High Wycombe.
However amenities improved in 19th century Aylesbury. From 1834 the streets of Aylesbury were lit by gas. An infirmary opened in 1833. It later became the Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital. The first police force was formed in 1837. A cemetery opened in 1857. In 1867 a waterworks opened and the town soon had a piped water supply. Also in the 1860s a network of sewers was built.
The famous clock tower was built in 1876 and a public baths was built in 1895. Meanwhile in 1894 Aylesbury was made an urban district council.
In the early 19th century the lace industry died out but there was a silk industry in Aylesbury. Other industries were printing and brewing. In the late 19th century condensed milk was made in Aylesbury.
However Aylesbury remained a market town rather than a manufacturing centre. In 1865 a corn exchange was built where grain could be bought and sold and Aylesbury continued to be famous for its ducks.
AYLESBURY IN THE 20th CENTURY
In 1901 Aylesbury had a population of 9,240.
During the 20th century conditions in Aylesbury continued to improve. A museum opened in Aylesbury in 1908 and in 1912 a statue of John Hampden was erected in the town. Furthermore Aylesbury gained an electricity supply in 1915. Then in 1917 Aylesbury was made a borough.
In 1920 the council began building Southcourt Estate. It was greatly expanded in the 1950s. Meanwhile Vale open-air swimming pool opened in 1935. Stoke Mandeville Hospital opened in 1940. Aylesbury Technical School opened in 1947.
In 1951 the population of Aylesbury was still only 21,240 but in 1952 it was agreed it would become an overspill town for London. The population of Aylesbury then boomed.
Meanwhile Grange school opened in 1954. In 1966 a new County Hall was built and Friars Square was created. In 1974 Aylesbury was made part of Aylesbury Vale Council. The Civic Centre was built in 1975.
Hale Leys Shopping Centre opened in 1983. The Market Square was pedestrianised in 1984. In 1987 the cattle market closed, a sure sign Aylesbury had ceased to be a rural market town. The Friars Square Shopping Centre closed for refurbishment in the early 1990s. It re-opened in 1993.